Chief Deputy District Attorney
- Currently serves as Chief Deputy and supervisor of the Bad Check Unit,overseeing the prosecution of bad-check and other fraud related crimes.
- Formerly served as a prosecutor on the Special Victims Unit prosecuting domestic violence cases.
- Tried twenty-four (24) felony jury trials to a conclusion as lead/sole counsel.
- Tried over one-hundred (100) bench trials to a conclusion.
- Prosecuted over three-hundred (300) preliminary/grand jury hearings.
- Prosecuted numerous violent/habitual criminal cases, including murder, rape, robbery, and arson.
- Advocated the State's position in the 8th Judicial District's Drug Court program.
- Taught search, seizure, and evidence classes to both LVMPD cadets as well as seasoned police officers.
- Prosecuted cases in every criminal court in Clark County, including District Court, Las Vegas Justice Court, Mesquite, Bunkerville, Moapa,
Moapa Valley, North Las Vegas,Henderson, Boulder City, Searchlight, Laughlin, and Goodsprings.
- Elected Vice President of the Clark County Prosecutor's Association by fellow prosecutors.
- Served as District Attorney's Office's Evidence Committee Chairman; tasked with creating and delivering evidence lectures
to police officers in Southern Nevada.
Civil Asset-Forfeiture Division
- Screened LVMPD forfeiture cases for legal and factual sufficiency.
- Testified before the Nevada Senate's Judiciary Committee in support of LVMPD forfeiture legislation.
- Taught forfeiture laws and provided legal support to LVMPD officers engaged in asset-forfeiture tasks.
COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN NEVADA Adjunct Professor
of Criminal Law
Department of Public Safety
- Instructed criminal law topics to undergraduate college students, inculding its history, development,
components, and processes.
- Subjects taught include:
- CRJ 101, Introduction to Criminal Justice
- CRJ 155, The Juvenile Justice System
- CRJ 220, Criminal Procedures
- CRJ 226, Prevention and Control of Delinquency
- CRJ 235, Juvenile Courts and Procedure
- Nevada Criminal Law
Legal Assistant Department
- Instructed students studying to be para-legal assistants in U.S. Supreme Court cases dealing
with the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Eighth, and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution.
Accomplishments and Special Experience
Nevada Judicial Ethics
& Campaign Practices Commission
Supreme Court of Nevada
- Appointed by the State Bar Board of Governors to resolve ethical disputes arising in the course of campaigns for judicial office, and to provide judges and aspirants to judicial office advisory opinions regarding ethical matters that may arise in the ordinary course of judicial service, or in the elective or appointment process.
Assist the supreme court by studying and recommending additions to, amendments to, or repeal of provisions of the Nevada Code of Judicial Conduct or other laws governing the conduct of judges and judicial candidates.
- Assist the supreme court by studying and recommending additions to, amendments to, or repeal of provisions of the Nevada Code of Judicial Conduct or other laws governing the conduct of judges and judicial candidates.
Judicial Selection Commission
Nevada Bar Association
- Appointed by the State Bar Board of Governors to recommend appointments to fill vacancies on the Eighth Judicial District Court.
- Reviewed applicants' qualifications for appointment to fill vacancies on the Eighth Judicial District Court.
- Selected three (3) finalists for each vacancy and forwarded the names to the Governor of the State of Nevada for final selection.
Southern Nevada Disciplinary Board Vice Chairman
Latino Bar Association
- Appointed by the State Bar Board of Governors to a one year term to manage and administer the review of complaints against Nevada lawyers.
- Advised the Nevada Supreme Court of infractions of ethical standards of individual members.
- Suggested disciplinary measures for lawyers accused of misconduct.
- Conducted disciplinary hearings and adjudicated disciplinary cases involving lawyers accused on professional misconduct.
- Served in a judicial capacity as chairman on numerous disciplinary screening panels, informal disciplinary hearings, and formal disciplinary hearings.
Clark County Prosecutors Association
- Elected by members to a term of two (2) years to promote Hispanic lawyers in the legal community.
- Guided and directed the association's communication, activities, and membership.
- Helped coordinate a death-penalty symposium involving law professors and prominent members in the legal community.
- Elected and served as Vice President of Communications for the 2002 calendar year.
- Elected and served on the five-member Executive Board for the 2001 calendar year.
- Elected by members of the Clark County District Attorney's Association to promote the local prosecutors interests in the legal community.
- Guided and directed the association's political action committee and activities.
The University of DenverDenver, Colorado
College of Law
J.D. May 1997
Class Rank: 8 of 69
Student Bar Ass'n Senator
Hispanic Law Students Ass'n Member
The American Academy of Dramatic Arts
New York, New York
A.O.S. Theater, 1990
Co-recipient of the esteemed Max Fischer award
The American Academy Professional Acting Company, Ensemble Member 1990-1991
The University of Colorado
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, 1988
Delta Sigma Pi Business Fraternity Member
Delta Tau Delta Fraternity Member and Treasurer, 1987
The United States Air Force Academy
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Congressionally Nominated and Appointed, 1984
Successfully Completed S.E.R.E. , Basic Combat Survival and Basic Water Survival Training
Honorable Discharge, September 21, 1985
Community Involvement and
Membership (Current and Past)
- State Bar of Nevada
- State Bar of Texas
- Clark County Bar Association
- Latino Bar Association of Southern Nevada
- Rotary International - Las Vegas Sunset Club
**Paul Harris Fellow**
- Latin Chamber of Commerce
- Clark County Prosecutor's Association
- Nevada District Attorneys Association
- National District Attorneys Association
- The American Quarter Horse Association
- U.S. Team Roping Championship Association
- Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton Roman Catholic Church